Thursday, April 23, 2009

Tea Partiers - The New Terrorists?


I am a Tea Partier. According to most of the main stream media, I am at best a misguided idiot and at worst an uneducated racist. The new head of the Homeland Security has warned police about me. I understand their cause for concern. If I was them I would be afraid, too. Because I am none of the things they have characterized me as. I am a Patriot, I am a Wife, I am a Mother, I am a Christ Follower, I am a Business Woman, I am a Big Sister, I am a Good Friend, and I am Fed up. I have sat quietly by; working since I was 16.

I am not a consumer of government services. I drive on the roads and have my trash picked up. I never had a grant or a student loan - I waited tables to put myself through college. I graduated in 4 years and went to work and excelled in a profession for the last 19 years. I just shut up, go to work, raise my family, pay my taxes, and generally mind my own business.

Not anymore - I am exasperated at the creation of the Nanny State. I am sick of "In Your Face Spending", I am tired of regulations, barriers, and contradictory guidelines by the dozens of government agencies that I must tap dance around to do an honest days work.

So I will Party on a regular basis. And honestly folks, it is not as if I have a lot of free time - but this is important. This is bigger than me. My country is heading for a precipice to which there may not be a return; I can not tell my Grandchildren that I sat back and did nothing. In the end, you have to decide what you are going to stand for, and fight for, and die for; I like my name sake, will choose Liberty.

2 comments:

  1. The door doesn't swing both ways with the main stream media and many of our liberal counterparts. When they exercise their freedom of speech, how dare anyone accuse them of any wrongdoing, how dare anyone accuse them of being a threat. However, anything that threaten's them is openly and harshly defamed. These tea parties have scared some people. The sleeping masses of the USA have started to stir and awaken. I think it is terrifying for the liberal sector to think that they cannot just rant and rave and bully their way around the media and politics anymore without a potential for stiff oposition. Good for you. Keep them on the ropes. And if you are an uneducated-misguided-idiot-racist, I've got your back because I must be one too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. From Obama's inaugural addree...

    "To those who cling to power through corruption and deceit and the silencing of dissent, know that you are on the wrong side of history, but that we will extend a hand if you are willing to unclench your fist."

    Surely THEY will not try to silence the dissent.

    ReplyDelete

 



Free Hit Counter

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 The Audacity of Logic