Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thoughts From a Constitutionalist

True conservatism, or as I refer to it constitutionalism, is the politics of reason and logic, versus liberalism as the politics of emotion and good intentions.

Constitutionalists must be passionate about our positions, but as soon as we become emotional, we lose the advantage of logic and reason and the game is being played on the liberals home field.

As a Constitutionalist, I am deeply concerned with the steady erosion of our constitutional rights. The speed of this erosion has been increasing over time. However, the speed of the erosion is increasing exponentially. It is time for all patriots to stand up and say no to the insipid tyranny we see creeping into the heart of America.

Do not go gentle into that good night. Liberty(Light) and Freedom should burn and rave at close of day; Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!

Patrick Henry



No comments:

Post a Comment

 



Free Hit Counter

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 The Audacity of Logic