I believe now, I understand why I have felt the unease. Have you ever been around an unstable or irrational person? I have, and it is the same feeling that I get when I watch President Obama. Many people, smarter than I have observed him and have concluded that he has strong Narcissistic traits. The below is a description of a Narcissist (copied from http://psychcentral.com/disorders/sx36.htm)
In order for a person to be diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder (NPD) they must meet five or more of the following symptoms:
- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
- Believes that he or she is "special" and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
- Requires excessive admiration
- Has a sense of entitlement, i.e., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
- Is interpersonally exploitative, i.e., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
- Lacks empathy: is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
- Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
- Shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes.
I am not saying this to be inflamitory, but the Devil is described in the Scriptures in the exact terms above. Perhaps this is why President Obama disturbs my Spirit.