Friday, June 5, 2009

Remembering Lewis Grizzard

A great story teller, writer, and comedian. I have really been missing Lewis. I was fortunate enough to see him in concert in the early 90's before he passed away. A few short ones I remember - Naked is not having any clothes on, Nekkid is not have any clothes on and being up to no good, and - Didn't your momma teach you to wash your hands after using the bathroom? No, my momma taught me not to pee on my hands. Bubba n' Earl and UGA (the dog), and Kathy Sue Loudermilk. I have read many of his books. As well as bringing you to tears with laughter, he could also just flat out make you cry. We could really use someone with his wit and ability to put things into perspective right now. The news we read may not be so damn depressing with him putting his Lewis touch on it...

The Greatest Headline in the History of Sports Journalism...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 



Free Hit Counter

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 The Audacity of Logic