Thursday, July 16, 2009

A Right, or a Wrong?

I heard that part of what Congress is trying to do with pushing this 1000 page health bill through - which of course no one will have time to read and which will ABSOLUTELY have to be passed before they go on break - is that they are ensuring the wording makes health care a responsibility and a RIGHT. I'm not going to bother with the lunacy of making it a responsibility, but I take issue with them trying to establish it as a right. I was always taught a right was something that didn't deny anyone else their rights, like the right to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness. By them mandating other people pay for this "right" they are taking away from others; classic redistribution of wealth. No surprise though, this is what was promised. I'm just offended it's being labeled as a "right." I also learned that true fundamental rights were endowed by a divine creator, not by the "Anointed One." What's next? The "right" to a job? Congress already has the "right" to be idiots. We also have the "right" to fire them. I suggest we start doing just that.

3 comments:

  1. I agree and plan to exercise that right moving forward. I hope others will too. All it will take is a few long time incumbents to get booted to the unemployment ranks for the others to take it seriously.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW, how many wrongs does it take to make a right? These knot heads in Washington are determined to find out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You only have a right to health care if it is the RIGHT health care.

    ReplyDelete

 



Free Hit Counter

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 The Audacity of Logic