Monday, October 5, 2009

For Hire!

I will be brief.  I will not pontificate on the politics and economics, and all the other issues we are facing in our country and world.   I will not dwell on the recession.  I will not try to point out differences between liberal and conservative ideas and ideals.  I heard a joke that started "A recession is when your neighbor is unemployed, a depression is when you are unemployeed, and a recovery is when...".  Well, Audacity of Logic readers, we have now entered into a depression.  Forget what you read, this depression is full blown.  As of Friday I offically became a casualty of the construction industry.  Grieve not, I have faith in myself and my God to see me through this and expect to look back on this as being the greatest opportunity in my life.  I have chosen to go it alone.  To become a small business.  To work for myself.  So with an abundance of other things to worry about in my life at present, I may not be as regular on the Audacity blog.  I hope my compatriots will rise to the occasion and fill my place so that there will always be something new to read and ponder when you visit.  And when the one who promised hope finally tells AT&T to run a DSL line out to my "country estate", I plan to be back to my ways.  Until then I will post when I can and when I am up late enough for the phone lines to carry my 0's and 1's at a more tolerable speed.  To those who may know me personally, I'll be donning a tool belt and looking for work if you hear of anything.

Peace...

7 comments:

  1. You will overcome and remember that God has you and your family right now in the palm of his hand.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your nom de plume suffered many set backs and always carried with him the strength of his mind and of his convictions - I know you will do the same. Good luck and God Bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. God will never place a burden on you that you aren't strong enough to handle. Maybe your private company will turn into your dream job.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all for the support. God has guided my life down many paths that I could not understand the reason until I lloked back, at which time I realized that it was the path I needed to take. I am confident that this will be a path, when viewed through the rearview mirror, that I needed to take as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've had numerous setbacks, each one though moved me forward, eventually, even farther than where I was before the setback. Before He can open a a new door for you, the old one has to be closed, or you may never walk throguh it. Look to Abe Lincoln's life. See how many times he failed, before becoming the President. Keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A friend stopped by last night and had an offer for me to consider where he works. Amazing how, in times such as these, a job opportunity can land in your lap out of the blue. There is more to discuss and it may not be a good fit, but it is encouraging to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Interview next week. We'll see how it goes...

    ReplyDelete

 



Free Hit Counter

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 The Audacity of Logic