Friday, November 20, 2009

The Government Option

I have spent so much time and energy trying to explain to the Kool Aid Drinking amongst us how things will go for the Insurance Industry with the inclusion of the so called "public option." If you are playing a game, and you make the rules and can change them at any time you wish, you can with near certainly predict a win for yourself. I think this video certainly gives a great analogy...

Health Care Hoops from CMPI on Vimeo.



Over the last several days I engaged in a debate of sorts with a fellow supporting the public option. As a fellow Graduate of The Citadel, one of the few bastions of conservative thought and attitude left amongst our nations universities, I expected something other than typical liberal chatter, but I was sorely disappointed in the response I got from him. He went so far as to reference an article on the Huffington Post to support his position. I thought that was kind of like quoting the Limbaugh Letter as an unbiased source to back an argument.

In true liberal fashion he threw at me that he had multiple degrees and knew better than me. Typical approach, the "I know better than you" position. Of course I then had to throw back at him that I too had multiple degrees and I refused to refer to my thesaurus to make my argument appear more impressive. At the end of the day, the guy I was debating simply refused to answer the question that we all need to hear "What makes you think that an option for coverage run by the government is going to be any more efficient than any other government run endeavor?" Look at the VA system, look at Medicare, for that matter look at our public schools...

History is a near certain predictor of future events. Going down this same road again is surely an exercise in insanity.

1 comment:

  1. Didn't Albert Einstein once say that the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over, and expecting different results?

    The trouble with most liberals if that for them, history started yesterday, therefore, they can never learn from their mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

 



Free Hit Counter

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 The Audacity of Logic