Friday, December 4, 2009

Good Intentions

I was listening to one of the national conservative radio shows as I drove across Tennessee and Georgia yesterday (I don't remember which show, sorry) and there was a call that sums things up so well. The caller was a self identified liberal. He was asking the host why he was being so hard on Barrack Obama. The host replied with logic presenting facts on the positive results of cutting taxes in a suffering economy, pointing out why so many of the actions of this administration trample on the constitution etc. You know all of the logical fact based arguments you see on this blog.

The caller responded by saying something like "I think Obama is trying hard" and "The President does not deserve to be criticized because he is trying hard." And my favorite "I think his intentions are good." Frankly speaking, it was the very reason we started this blog last Summer summed up in a 5 minute telephone call. Conservatism is the politics of logic and reason while Liberalism is the politics of emotion and good intentions. Yep that sums it up nicely. Of course as the old saying goes - The road to Hell is paved with good intentions.

As for me, as always, give me liberty or give me death.

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if this clown gave the same consideration to Bush when HE was President.

    ReplyDelete

 



Free Hit Counter

Copyright © 2009 - 2012 The Audacity of Logic